Most people with dementia will eventually need some care at home if they are to remain within the comfort of their own familiar surroundings. Although dementia can seem like a challenging issue to face for families, with the right professional care and support, individuals with dementia can still enjoy an active, happy and fulfilling life in their own homes. We are actively trying to improve the options for people with dementia to remain at home. Home care is often an overlooked option, yet it is a viable and often preferable option for many people with dementia compared to moving into residential nursing care.
What makes our dementia care special?
- More familiarity – You can stay in the comfort of your own home
- Better wellbeing – Regular nutrition, fluids and medication
- More personal – the service is tailored to your individual needs
- Better care delivery – local management supervision (to ensure standards of care)
- Better support and advice for family members
Features of our dementia care service:
- Comprehensive assessment of your needs within your home
- Personal centred support plan
- Highly trained and dedicated, professional carers trained in dementia
- Dedicated care manager
- Support and advice for family members
- On call telephone support
- Local backup and support from a senior carer