Learning & Physical Disabilities
We work with people with disabilities to help them live the life they desire. We encourage and support people to build their social networks and work towards personal goals such as learning to look after their home or getting a job.
The need for people with disabilities to get the required support at achieving their goals has brought about our drive at ensuring that they are supported in every way to maximise their choice and control over where, with whom and how they live. This we tend to achieve by:
- Working with individuals to identify their strengths, abilities and preferences- involving family members, carers, representatives, advocates and others in their life.
- Helping individuals to set goals and targets as part of their support plan.
- Working with individuals to help them implement their support plan, providing support as necessary.
- Establishing strong working relationships with others involved in supporting the individual.
- Ensuring individuals are provided with accurate and accessible information about their rights, responsibilities and the choices available to them in their preferred format and language.
- Providing practical help such as training and support on how to manage the home, pay bills, home maintenance such as gardening, housework and healthy living.