Health Resourses



Personalisation is an approach which is being adopted across the UK by health and social care providers, local authorities, health trusts and others.

It is all about making sure the people who need care or support take control and make choices about the kind of life they would like to have and the support they need to achieve it. It means that we, as a service provider, are accountable to our clients and strive to ensure that we provide what the person wants and needs as an individual.

Some useful tools for a personalised support package are:

Self-assessments – give you the opportunity to assess your own care and support needs
Individual or personal budgets – enable you to make your own decisions about how your care and/or support is delivered.

Direct payments – give you money in lieu of services and so allow you greater choice and control over how your individual or personal budget is spent.

We believe all people have the potential to find their own solutions given the right support. Our supported living staff work alongside individuals to help them take control, overcome challenges and fulfil their aspirations.

Support plans include:

  • What is important to the client
  • What kind of life they would like
  • What they want to change
  • What they would like to achieve
  • What they are going to do
  • How they would like to be supported
  • The number of support hours to be provided each week
  • What and how support will be provided by Sanctuary Supported Living and other agencies
  • How the plan will be reviewed and how frequently.


Paying for care can be both a confusing and costly business with many people unaware that financial assistance and funding is sometimes available. At Louange Support Services, we aim to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible. The guides below will talk you through just some of the options.

We understand just how hard it is to even know where to start, and many people can end up losing their lifetime savings on paying for care when they didn’t need to. So, although it’s difficult to think about before you need it, planning ahead makes sense. We are here to understand your position and give guidance because we know exactly where to start and who to call. For an initial, no obligation chat, please get in touch – we’d be happy to help.

Self Funding Your Care
The austerity measures of recent years have had a significant impact on adult social care budgets and the reality is that a high proportion of people are now having to self-fund their own care. As a result, many local authorities have had to raise the criteria for when someone qualifies for funding via social services. Simply put, if your capital, savings and or income puts you outside the upper means-test thresholds for local authority funding, you will generally be responsible for paying your own care.

However, there are some scenarios where the NHS may be responsible for funding and there are some occasions when your property, as well as certain types of investments, cannot be included in the means test. With careful planning, it may be possible to structure things in such a way that care fees can be paid for the rest of your life without the worry that the money might run out, while also leaving other investments untouched.

The first step is to think about what your ideal care would be, and then talk to a specialist financial advisor who will discuss all the conceivable options, exploring both the health and financial implications of each and often creating a previously unthought solution. Expert financial planning helps ease the burden of worrying about your finances at a time that might be both highly confusing and emotionally draining. As everyone approaches the funding of care fees differently and everyone will have different financial circumstances, personal, tailored planning with a professional adviser is vital. It is important not to dismiss any care options until such advice has been taken.

There are often ways of affording care that searching the internet or talking to friends and even health professionals wouldn’t necessarily reveal. Such expert planners should be authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and should have obtained a dedicated long-term care qualification. For added reassurance, they should also be Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked (previously CRB), and therefore cleared to guide vulnerable people. The advisor will hold a face-to-face meeting to assess the situation thoroughly from both a care and a financial perspective. After thorough research, they will present the person in care and/or their legal representatives with a comprehensive report detailing each and every available option, together with their recommendations.

This allows the client, legal representatives and/or the family members to weigh up all the facts and make an informed decision. Depending on individual circumstances, the report could include the opportunity to purchase an ‘immediate care plan’: a dedicated and potentially tax-free product designed to cover all or part of the care fees. This type of specialist financing can be funded from existing savings and/or ‘equity release’, where capital is unlocked from a property, or other alternatives. There are of course pros and cons to all these options, so they do need discussion with suitably qualified advisors. Once established, immediate care plans can pay towards care fees indefinitely.

As a matter of routine, the specialist advisor will also give guidance on practicalities such as first checking whether there are state benefits that can be claimed. Not all of these are means tested or taxed, such as the Attendance Allowance, which is available to anyone aged over 65, who has needed care with essential daily tasks for longer than six months. The equivalent for younger adults is Personal Independence Payments (formerly known as Disability Living Allowance).

For more information on self-funding your care to live at home, give us a call, we’d be happy to help.

Local Authority Funding of You Care
If your capital, savings and or income puts you below the lower means-test thresholds then you may qualify for your local authority to fund your care. Those with savings or income within the means-test thresholds may qualify for partial funding. Although this sounds simple, the process can sometimes be a little more complex. For example, there are often occasions when someone’s property can’t be included in the means test (the most obvious one being if you are still living in it), and there are also certain types of investment that can’t be included either.

The level of funding will depend upon an assessment of needs which is broadly based on the level of assistance you required with daily living activities, such as washing, dressing, preparing meals and taking medication.

If your local authority does pay for some or all of your care, you will be given a personal budget, and it could:

  • provide the care directly to you, either through their own staff or through a contract organisation.
  • give you direct payments that enable you to buy the services directly with money given to you by the local authority.

There are some items the local authority must provide for free if you are assessed as needing them. These include “community equipment” which means items specifically designed to make daily life easier for you. For example:

  • equipment that helps with zips or buttons
  • telephones with large buttons or flashing lights
  • communication aids

The need for this type of equipment will come out of an assessment of your needs. A local authority may have set rules about the type of equipment it will consider supplying, or the level of costs it will meet. If this is the case, you could argue they shouldn’t have blanket policies about the equipment they will provide and should make decisions depending on individual circumstances.

In some case, a local authority may also pay for minor adaptations (costing less than £1,000) to your home. Things like grab rails on the bath or blocks to make the bed higher may be paid for. For more information on local authority funding of your care, you can check out NHS Choices.

For more information on paying for care to live at home, give us a call, we’d be happy to help.

The NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding (CHC Funding)

Could the NHS pay for your home care? Many people wrongly pay out for their care fees because they do not know about a little-known funding stream called NHS Continuing Healthcare.

If full time care is required, and your primary need is health, all of your care fees could be paid for by the government. It can be a complex process to apply for the funding and as might be imagined, there’s a fair amount of red tape but there are specialist advisors who can help you through the process and work out whether or not you are eligible. Appointing a specialist advisor and expert financial planner can help ease the burden of worrying about your finances at a time where you might be feeling confused and emotionally drained.

However, if you decide to appoint such an expert, make sure they’re authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and have obtained a dedicated long-term care qualification. For added reassurance, they should also be Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked (previously CRB), and therefore cleared to guide vulnerable people through a potentially challenging process. The advisor will hold a face-to-face meeting to assess the situation thoroughly from both a care and a financial perspective and then make a call as to whether you could be eligible for the funding. If not they could also offer other alternatives to funding that you didn’t know about. For example, you may be eligible for the Attendance Allowance which is neither taxed nor means tested and is available to anyone aged over 65 who has needed care with essential daily tasks for longer than six months. Its equivalent for younger adults is Personal Independence Payments (formerly known as Disability Living Allowance) which is awarded to those under 65.

For more information and guidance about stay at home care, give us a call, we’d be happy to help.

Cost of a Care Home vs Live-In Care

“People treasure the past,” says TrinityCarer, John Mackay. “Being surrounded by your memories as you age, means you can still have a connection to the life you have had, and that is really important.”

Staying close to family, friends, and communities that have been built up over a lifetime not only means staying connected but also allows more autonomy over our life. It means we can keep our beloved pets and avoid the stress and upheaval of packing up and moving into what can be a more institutional and regimented way of life in a care home.

And yet many people believe there is no choice but to move out of home and into residential care and there seems to be a lot of confusion around the options. Clearly, staying in your own home with all the support you need is not only preferable from an emotional point of view but it can also be the preferable option financially too. This is because stay at home care needs can be worked out on an hourly basis, making them completely flexible and designed to fit both your needs – and your budget.

This is very different to a care home, where the costs are set and inflexible and of course where you can often feel lost in the care home routine. So, when you’re faced with weighing up your care needs, it’s important to look at all the options. You can stay at home with someone popping in to check you’ve taken your medication, run you to an appointment or help you out of bed in the mornings and equally if you need someone to live-in, providing one-on-one round the clock care, stay at home care is as much a viable option as moving into a home.

Carefully looking into how you pay for your care will also highlight all your options. The common understanding is that you will definitely need to pay for your care by the sale of your house but in some cases, your home may not be included in the means test to decide whether or not you are eligible for local council funding. This is especially true if you are a couple living at home, or you have another dependent family member living with you. In these cases, your home cannot be included as an asset.

If your care needs are more health care based, you could also be eligible for a little known NHS funding scheme, called, Continuing Healthcare Funding or CHC, as it is known, and you could decide to use this to stay at home. You could also be eligible for the government’s Attendance Allowance, available to anyone aged over 65 years, who has needed care with essential daily tasks for longer than six months.

Whatever your circumstances, it’s vital to realize that packing up your life-long home and moving into a residential care does not always have to be the answer. It’s important to explore all the options and by appointing an expert financial planner, who can help you both navigate the system and your finances might be a good idea. Just make sure they’re regulated by the Financial Services Authority and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked.

At Louange Support Services, we’re passionate about supporting your at-home independence and we firmly believe there is always a genuine alternative to rest home care. So, if you’re weighing up your care options, and you’re thinking you might like to stay at home, then give one of our team a call. We’d love to hear from you.


Sadly there may come a time in your life where you are no longer able to administer your affairs effectively, perhaps dues to dementia or another illness. It is always best to prepare for this scenario in advance by granting a power or attorney to someone close, normally a family member or a close friend. It is prudent to do this whilst you are healthy because once you have lost mental capacity, it is too late to make a power of attorney.

What is a power of attorney?
A power of attorney enables someone else to manage your affairs on your behalf when you are no longer able to or no longer want to. There are various types of powers of attorney including Property and Financial Affairs Power of Attorney, Heath & Welfare Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA), Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) and Ordinary Power of Attorney (OPA).

Where an individual requires care, and is able to give their consent, it may be advisable for a member, or members of their family to be granted a power of attorney. This gives them the power to act legally on their relative’s behalf for financial and property matters, plus decisions on welfare and medical treatment. Although not mandatory it is advisable to establish a lasting power of attorney through a solicitor.

Whilst one of us likes to think of a time when we can no longer manage our own financial or health affairs, it is reassuring to know that there are procedures in place which should help someone else to do it for us.
An LPA is a legal document which allows you to choose someone to make decisions for you when you no longer want to or are no longer able to. LPA replaced the previous system of Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) in 2007, and gives your representative the right to manage your affairs and make decisions on your behalf. There are two types of LPA – one for Property and Financial Affairs and for Health and Welfare.
Property and Financial Affairs Power of Attorney.

With a Property and Financial Affairs LPA you can decide to give your representative (known as your ‘attorney’) the power to make decisions about any or all of your affairs. An LPA gives your attorney the right to make decisions as if they were you, but they must also make sure they act in your best interests.
Your attorney can’t act on your behalf until the LPA is registered with the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) in England and Wales, the body responsible for registering LPAs and EPAs, maintaining the Register of registered instruments and dealing with complaints about the conduct of attorneys. The Scottish equivalent is Continuing Power of Attorney, while the Office of Care and Protection deals with Enduring Power of Attorney in Northern Ireland, where LPA has not been introduced.

Health and Welfare Lasting Power or Attorney
A Health and Welfare LPA allows you to choose someone to make decisions about your health and personal welfare should you no longer be able to do so. You can decide to give your attorney the power to make decisions about any or all of your health and welfare matters, but your appointed attorney or attorneys will only be able to make these decisions once the LPA is registered with the OPG, and provided that you can no longer make these decisions yourself.

When to set up an Lasting Power of Attorney
Anyone aged 18 or over can make an LPA appointing one or more attorneys to act on their behalf. It is important to make the LPA while you are still capable of making decisions about who to appoint as your attorneys and what powers you want to give them. The LPA cannot be used until it is registered with the OPG, which you can do at any point after it has been made. Even after it has been registered, your attorneys will have to act within any restrictions or conditions you have set out in the LPA form.

Enduring Power of Attorney
Although LPA replaced Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) in 2007, EPAs that were made before 1 October 2007 can still be used. EPAs must be registered with the OPG if the donor is losing mental capacity. EPA only covers property and finances.

Ordinary Power of Attorney
A third type of PoA is known as Ordinary Power of Attorney (General PoA in Scotland). This option only covers property and finances and ceases if the donor loses mental capacity. Ordinary PoA never needs to be registered with the authorities.

Grant of probate and letters of administration
When a person dies, someone has to take responsibility for dealing with their property, debts and distributing the estate.

The person dealing with the estate administration will normally be required to provide proof that he has the legal authority to deal with the deceased’s affairs, in order to close bank accounts, sell shares and otherwise deal with the deceased’s assets. A grant of representation (usually a grant of probate or letters of administration) is proof of that authority.

However, there are circumstances when the assets can be collected without a grant of probate.

Joint Property:
Money held in a joint bank account will pass automatically to the surviving account holder, when one of them dies. The bank will arrange the transfer on sight of the death certificate and no grant of representation is required. The same applies to shares held in joint names. Where the joint property is a house, you need to check the type of joint ownership. If the house is held as ‘joint tenants’, the surviving joint owner will automatically inherit the deceased’s share. If the house is owned as ‘tenants in common’, the deceased’s share will form part of his estate and as such will pass in accordance with his Will or the intestacy rules. A grant of representation may be required but not in all situations.

Low Value Estates:
Where the estate consists only of small amounts of cash in bank or building society accounts (typically less than £5,000) plus some personal possessions, a grant of representation may not be needed. Banks will often release small balances to the executor (or if there is no Will, to the next of kin) without a grant, but the claimant will be required to give an indemnity. The maximum amount which will be released under such ‘small estates’ procedures varies from organisation to organisation, as each has its own requirements.

Life Policies/Pension Death Benefits
Some life policies (e.g. those written on trust) can be paid out without a grant of representation. The deceased may have nominated a beneficiary to receive pension death benefits.

Insolvent Estates
Where the estate assets are not sufficient to pay debts and expenses, a grant will not be needed (unless a personal representative is required so as to pursue a legal claim on behalf of the estate).

Trust Interests
The deceased may have been a beneficiary under a trust. The trustees will be able to distribute the trust assets, in accordance with the terms of the trust, without a grant of representation. A grant of representation is likely to be needed if the estate includes any of the following assets:

  • Land (freehold or leasehold) held in the deceased’s sole name
  • Bank accounts containing more than £5,000
  • Stocks and shares in the deceased’s sole name

Life policies
A legal claim, which the personal representatives intend to pursue on behalf of the estate

Inheritance tax
The need to apply for a grant should not be confused with the duty to submit an inheritance tax return, as HMRC has its own rules as to when an inheritance tax return is not required. An estate may still be liable to inheritance tax even if a grant was not needed to collect the assets.

Attorney applications to the court of protection
The Court of Protection oversees the affairs of people who lack the mental capacity to make their own decisions and it is open to any attorney to apply to this Court for a decision or for guidance as to what is in the donor’s best interests.

As an attorney acting under a lasting (or enduring) power of attorney, you will usually be able to make day to day decisions on behalf of the donor without resort to professional advice (except perhaps in relation to suitable investments).

However, there are times when professional advice and guidance should be sought. For example, you may wish to take a decision which is outside the scope of your powers as attorney (for example, a large gift by the donor for tax-planning or other reasons) or you may need guidance on the extent of your authority or the lawfulness of actions already taken. The application procedure is a formal one and your solicitor will be the best person to help you with the application forms and supporting documents required. Applications for advance approval of gifts are often dealt with on paper and without the need for an attended hearing.

Examples of circumstances in which the Court of Protection should be involved are as follows:

  • For advance approval of gifts (outside the small gifts an attorney is allowed to make on customary occasions) – eg gifts of money or other assets, gifts into trust, deeds of variation where the donor has received an inheritance, regular gifts out of excess income to be made each year, interest-free loans and large charitable gifts.
  • For advance approval of any transaction or investment which the donor has expressly stated should not be carried out
  • Where changes to the donor’s Will are proposed
  • When there is disagreement within the family as to what is in the donor’s best interests
  • Where there is doubt as to whether the donor has capacity to make a decision about a particular matter (eg as to medical treatment)

This list is not exhaustive and the Court has very wide powers to make orders affecting both property and personal affairs.

As an attorney, acting outside the scope of your authority can have serious consequences. The Public Guardian, once alerted to a possible abuse of power by an attorney (usually by a concerned family member or social worker) will carry out an investigation. The investigation may result in a recommendation that retrospective Court of Protection approval be obtained, a request that any gifts be returned, removal of the attorney and at worst, a referral to the police.

Joint bank accounts & mental capacity

You may think you don’t need to make a lasting power of attorney, because your money is held in a joint bank account with your partner. Most people assume that if they were to suffer a stroke or develop dementia, their partner would be able to carry on operating the account and would continue to have full access to their pension and other income paid into the account. But beware, for these things are not so simple.

In accordance with guidance from the British Bankers’ Association, it is common practice for high street banks to freeze withdrawals from a joint account if one of the account holders is mentally incapable. If your partner has lost mental capacity, you will not automatically be able to access the joint account unless you have a lasting power of attorney, enduring power of attorney or have been appointed as deputy by the Court of Protection.

The reasoning behind this is that the joint account can only operate if there is continuing agreement of both parties that both can withdraw from the account, up to its limit. If one party loses mental capacity, they are unable to agree to those terms. The same applies to third party signatories on bank accounts. Once you lose mental capacity you can no longer agree to the terms of the third party mandate.

Once the bank becomes aware of the incapacity and blocks the account, it could take several months to appoint a deputy, if there is no power of attorney in place. Once you have lost mental capacity it is too late to make a power of attorney and there is no alternative but to apply to the Court of protection for a Deputy to be appointed.

This is yet another reason why you should make a lasting power of attorney, while you are still in good health.


a) Live-In Care

  • What does live-in care mean?

This is where one of our professionally trained carers lives with you in your own home full-time, seven days a week. So there is always care on-hand whenever you need it. 24 hour live-in care is a wonderful, welcome alternative to residential care. No upheaval, no disruption and allows you to be independent, stay close to friends, keep pets and most importantly maintain all your hobbies and interests.

  • Why use a live-in care agency, rather than hiring a private live-in carer?

With our live-in care service, you benefit from our wealth of experience in the care sector and on-going support from our team. Our live-in care is a bespoke service, completely tailored to your needs. We begin by one of our experienced team visiting you at your home, listening carefully to your needs and we then establish a comprehensive assessment of how we can help. We’ll match you with one of our carefully selected and professionally trained carers and once we have introduced you, you’ll have the on-going advice and support from our office team. You also have the full confidence and knowledge that we are fully regulated and regularly inspected by the Care Quality Commission.

  • How does the live-in home care service work?

We offer a two-tier live-in service. The first is Introductory Care, where one of our team will visit you at home and carry out a thorough assessment of your needs. We will then introduce you to one of our live-in carers and you will then manage their employment. All of our carers are fully trained and vetted and we spend time matching you with just the right carer to live with you in your home. With this service, you’ll also receive on-going support and advice from our in-house office team.

We also have a Managed Live-in Care Service where one of our team will visit you at home and create a bespoke personal support plan, designed just for you. We will then match you to one of our professional carers where we carefully select someone we think will suit your lifestyle. You will also benefit from the on-going support of a dedicated care manager who will be at the end of the phone if you need someone to talk to and we will also provide local back up and support from our field based supervisors if your carer is ill or needs the support of our team.

  • How do I employ a live-in carer

With our Introductory Live-in care Service, we match and introduce you to your carer, you pay them directly and provide them with your daily routine. Each carer works for a defined period usually for up to eight weeks and then hands over to a replacement in accordance with a booking schedule, managed by one of our dedicated care managers.

Carers are self-employed and handle their own tax and National Insurance contributions. Trinity invoices you solely for an introduction fee.

We find this service tends to be used by people who are able to manage their own care and whose needs are more about companionship or smaller amounts of personal care. If you require more than this, our Managed Live-in Care Plan may be more suitable, as under this service we are unable to influence your care or manage personal support plans.

  • Can I have a male live-in carer?

Yes of course. We have many male and female live-in carers. If you have a preference, please do let our team know.

  • Is there short-term temporary live-in care?

Yes. We can provide you with as much care as you need. For example, if you have just left hospital and need round the clock support while you are recovering, we are more than willing to help. We can also help with respite care, where we give your regular carer a break.

  • What is respite live-in care?

This is also short-term and temporary live-in care at home. It means we can step in and give your full-time carer a break whenever they may need it. As always, we would provide a comprehensive assessment of your needs so that we can simply walk into your home and take over all the responsibility and tasks your carer does on a daily basis.

  • What is live-in home help?

With our experience in the care sector, we have seen that having a dedicated carer in your home, who totally understands you and your needs, brings great reassurance and peace of mind.

Our live-in carers are there to provide you with all the support you need whether that is live-in home help, as in supporting you with the odd jobs around the home or more hands on personal care, like help with bathing and dressing and supporting you with your morning or night time routine. They will also help you get out and about shopping, going up to medical and hospital appointments and keeping up with family and friends.

  • Will my live-in carer drive?

Some of our live-in carers are drivers and will be happy to drive you wherever you need to go. If you use our Introductory Live-in service and wish your live-in carer to use your car, we would advise you to inspect their driving licence and driving history to ensure that it covers driving your car and that they are permitted to drive. You will also need to arrange for them to be insured under your own insurance at your own cost.

  • Will my live-in carer cook for me?

Yes, our carers are happy to shop for your food and cook all your favourite, nutritious meals.

  • Do you provide live-in nursing care?

Our live-in carers will help with all personal care, (like washing, dressing and supporting morning and night time routines), supervision of medication, helping with odd jobs, cleaning, cooking and companionship. However nursing care, such as wound care, injections, suppositories and the likes, are not services we provide.

  • Do you just provide live-in care for an elderly person?

It’s not just elderly people who can benefit from live-in care. We also offer Personal Assistants for younger people too.

Our personal assistants can provide:

  • assistance with everyday routines (getting up, washed, dressed and out of your home)
  • Company for you in your everyday living (e.g. transportation, getting to work or visiting clubs)
  • Support with your nutrition and dietary needs (e.g. meal preparation and feeding if required)
  • Prompting or administering medication (if required)
  • Support around your home environment with housekeeping and domestic tasks
  • Engaging company and companionship

What to expect with a personal assistant?

  • Someone who will visit you, really listen and take the time to understand you and your needs
  • Someone who is matched to suit your needs and personality
  • Comprehensive and rigorous recruitment of our personal assistants
  • Specialist training of assistants where required
  • Ongoing supervision, support and appraisal of our team of personal assistants
  • Accessible support 24 hours and day, 7 days a week with our on call service
  • A fully managed and regulated service by the Care Quality Commission
  • How much does a live-in carer cost?

Working out the cost of your live-in care can be confusing but with the experience of working in the care sector, our team have a wealth of knowledge and experience and take great pride in being open and flexible according to your budget.

Needing care no longer automatically means needing a care home and you may be pleasantly surprised at what you could be eligible for in terms of local funding to remain at home. Our team are adept at negotiating the various government and local agencies to help you manage your care on a tight budget.

The cost of a live-in carer will vary according to your circumstances but with a budget of around £850 per week, remaining at home becomes a cost effective solution compared with the cost of residential care or a nursing home. And of course, if you’re a couple, sharing the one-to-one attention of a live-in carer at home, makes even more financial sense.

The cost of live-in care will, of course, vary depending on which of our services you are considering. For example, if you decide to opt for our Introductory Care service, the cost of live-in care will be made up of your carer’s fee (which you negotiate with them directly), their travel expenses, and our fee for setting up, managing and maintaining your Introductory service. This service is more suitable for those able to manage their own routine but if your needs are more comprehensive, our Managed Care Service, which offers more support may be more suitable.

If you are beginning the journey into the world of care, give us a call today and let one of our experienced team guide you through your options.

  • What do I need to provide for my live-in carer?

You will need to have a suitable, furnished, warm, secure, and private room for your carer to live-in with you. As your carer may spend their breaks and downtime in their room; it is nice for them to have furnishings such as a comfortable bed, bedside table, chest of drawers, wardrobe, an armchair, desk and television where possible.

We suggest that the carer’s room is lockable or if this is not possible, that there is a safe place for them to keep their personal belongings and valuables. They are also advised to keep your home secure by locking windows and doors as per your instructions and are instructed not to invite their own friends and family to visit them at your home.

  • How many days and hours will my live-in carer work?

Although the carer lives in your home, they are not expected to care 24 hours a day. A typical day will be broken into contact/work time and non- contact/downtime, based around your daily routines and preferences. On average, a carer may typically work 8-10 hours a day. In order to comply with employment law regulations, your carer will require a minimum two-hour break in every working day. During this time they must be free to leave your home. On average, most carers will work six and a half or seven days a week.

b) Domiciliary Home Care/Hourly Domiciliary Care

  • What is domiciliary homecare or hourly domiciliary care?

Our hourly domiciliary care service means you can stay in the comfort of your own home, while our team of carers will support you with personal care like bathing and dressing, reminding you to take your medication and simply helping you out with odd jobs around the house. They can also take you to hospital and medical appointments, pop to the shops, cook you dinner and even remember to feed and walk your pets!

Whether you need someone to pop in once a week or someone to help you with your daily morning or night time routine, for more information, check out our hourly care at home service or give one of our team a call. We would love to hear from you.

  • What kind of domiciliary care training will my carer receive?

All of our hourly carers undergo a rigorous recruitment and training programme and we only work with carers who are totally committed to the job. The training has been specially designed by Louange Support Services trainers, who have all been carers themselves and know exactly what it means to provide the best possible hands on and heartfelt hourly care. We also encourage all our carers to develop their skills and we often review their progress with on the spot checks to see how they’re doing.

  • How do you choose your hourly and domiciliary carers?

All our hourly carers have not one, but two rigorous interviews. They will have undergone psychological testing to make sure they have the right temperament for the job and we always ask for and talk to at least two referees. We also ensure all our carers have completed a Disclosure and Barring Service check.

  • What is the hourly cost of care?

For as little as £50, one of our carers can pop in once, or twice a week to take you out for a coffee or make sure you’ve taken your medication. Many of our clients start with a relatively small amount of hourly care to begin with, as they get to know our team and build close relationships. We believe good care starts and ends with companionship but as your needs increase, (or decrease) we can develop our support in different ways.

We are open and flexible and we are used to working with many different budgets. It is all about creating a care plan that works for you. Why not call one of our team today to find out more.

  • Why use an hourly care agency, rather than hiring a private, self-employed carer?

Using an hourly care agency like Louange Support Services, you will see we bring a vast amount of experience, understanding and local knowledge. When you have been in the care business as long as we have, you know immediately who to pick up the phone to. If you need help with any aspect of your care, we are only too happy to help. Our team of carers are all professionally trained and we do all the reference checking, interviewing and managing of your care, so you don’t have to. We also provide back-up carers, so if for any reason your usual hourly carer can not make it, we will make sure someone else can cover.
With an agency like Louange Support Services, it’s all about providing peace of mind for you and your family.

  • Where do your domiciliary and hourly carers work?

We provide hourly care services in Gravesend, Dartford, Greenhithe, Higham to name a few.

To find out if we provide hourly home care in your neighbourhood, give one of our team a call. We’d love to hear from you.

Have a Question?

We are here to help. or call +44 (020) 8985 0233
Contact Us

Health Resourses

No file !